We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the handling of personal information.
- What information do we collect? We collect the personal information needed to provide our services and for our business operations. If you choose not to provide certain personal information to us, we may not be able to provide you with the services you require or to allow you to purchase products from us. The following are the main types of personal information collected by us and the main purposes for which they are collected.Registration InformationInformation you provide to us in the registration process or to create an account, make purchases from us, post comments, receive a newsletter, or enter a competition. Registration information may include, for example, name, postal address, telephone number, email address, gender, date of birth, height, weight, marital status, age and nutrition details and links to any websites, social media sites or blogs that you maintain and information that allows us to process your payment to us, such as bank account details and credit card information. You do not have to provide your health information however that may mean you cannot enter or may not be eligible to enter some competitions, nor able to receive information tailored specifically to your needs.
Public Information and Posts
Comments or content that you post and the information about you that accompanies those posts or content, which may include your name, user name, comments, likes, tweets, status, profile information and picture(s). Public Information and Posts are always public, which means they are available to everyone and may be displayed in search results on external search engines.
Information from third party Social Media
Information from our interactions with you
If we contact you to enquire or talk about how your fitness regime is going, the information we collect may include for example, details of your weight and of any recent weight loss or weight gain, your personal fitness regime, changes in any activities, exercises, diet or nutrition. You do not have to provide your health information however that may limit the extent of the content of any discussions we have with you.
Information from your interactions with other members
Our Website offers a community forum. If you access or participate in our Forum, the information we collect we may include any information you provide during your participation on the Forum such as your friends, your likes and dislikes, your activities and exercises, diet and nutrition and any other information you have disclosed in the Forum.
Competitions and promotions
Information you provide to us to enter any competitions and promotions we arrange for users of the Website. The information we collect may include personal information about yourself, such as your height, weight, marital status, age, fitness levels and nutrition details. You do not have to provide us with your health information, however this means that you may not be eligible to enter some competitions, nor able to receive information tailored specifically to your needs.
Activity Information – cookies and other technologies
When you access and interact with us, we may collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to us, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access our Website from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device.
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies and local storage, pixel beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data or code that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so that such websites, apps and other services can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed in relation to your usage of our Website and other websites you have visited.
Third parties that support us or our Website by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate services usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. We do not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties using such technologies.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Users can manage the use of Flash technologies, with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization available through our service.
- How do we use your information? We use the information we collect from and about you to provide our services to you, including to measure and improve those services, to improve your experience with our services by delivering content, programs and activities we believe you are likely to find beneficial, useful, helpful, relevant or interesting, including advertising and marketing messages, to allow you to comment on our services and products, the content of our services, to participate in events and competitions, to provide you with member support, to respond to inquiries, to tailor your experience of the Website and our communications to you to assist us in providing goods and services to you and to send information about future events, regular email communications or newsletters (both electronic and hardcopy) outlining news, services or events.When you are not reasonably identifiable in relation to the information collected from or about you, we may use that information for any purpose or share it with third parties. We may also de-identify the information we collect about you so that we can use and disclose it without using or revealing any personal information about you.We use the information we collect from and about you for these additional purposes:
To provide our services to you.
We will use your information to provide our services to you, to fulfill administrative functions associated with these services (for example billing, credit and account management, shipping and fulfilment), to enter into contracts with you or third parties and for marketing and member or client relationship purposes. We may also use your information to improve our services including through research and data analysis by us and our service providers. We may use and disclose your personal information in other ways expressly disclosed at the point of collection.
To advertise our services
We may display personal information about you on our Website as part of promoting our services and Website and encouraging other members. We may include information about your health and/or a photograph of you. You can ask us not to do so by contacting us.
To allow other members to share experiences
We may display personal information about you on our Website as part of our sharing your experiences and the experiences of other members with us and with our services. You can ask us not to do so by contacting us.
To contact you
We believe in the power of teamwork and that you may like to hear from Danny Green or our personnel or staff. You and other members may also enjoy hearing about interactions between Danny Green and other team members. We will use your information to for Danny Green or our personnel or staff to periodically telephone you or send you an email or sms text. You can ask us not to do so by contacting us
We may periodically send promotional materials or notifications which we believe might be of interest to you. Promotional materials may include invitations to participate in various activities (such as events or competitions or member surveys) or special offers.
To allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing our Services
We may make your information available to certain third party service and content providers, such as providers of data cloud services, website hosting service providers, debt collection services and direct marketing services, who help us manage or provide the Website or provide us with related services. We generally requires these service and content providers to comply with relevant privacy laws and not to use personal information which we provide for any purpose other than the specific service they are providing to you and/or us.
To allow social sharing functionality
Our Website offers a community forum that may be publicly accessible (or accessible by other users of the Website). You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. You should contact us to request removal of your personal information from the community forum. If we are not be able to remove your personal information we will let you know.
To protect our rights and the rights of others
There may be instances where we publish member testimonials on our Website, in social media profiles, or in advertising material. These testimonials may contain personally identifiable information about you and we will obtain your written consent to publish the testimonial.
- How do we protect your information? We use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
- How can you access your information? If you would like to access, review, correct or update your personal information, you may contact us as outlined in section 7 of this policy. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access, review, correct or update. We will need to share your information with others who can assist in responding to your request. We will try to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If we deny access in any circumstances we will generally tell you why.
- How can you opt out? You can block or delete cookies through your browser settings but be aware that if you do this you may not be able to continue to receive some services. In addition, this may not be sufficient to block or opt-out of all activities which track the usage of a device or which deliver targeted content.If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can change your account settings or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or text message. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app.If you have linked any of your social media accounts to your account for any our Services, you can cancel that link by changing your account settings.
If you need any assistance with changing your account settings, please call us.
Some of your personal information may be accessible from or transmitted outside of Australia. This may occur if any of our third party service and content providers who help us manage or provide the Website or provide us with related services use servers not located in Australia or our promotional partners have overseas subsidiaries or an individual uses a third party platform such as Facebook to connect to our Website and the server for that platform is not located in Australia.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information and to prevent any breach of Australian privacy law however inform you that the Australian privacy law or a law providing for similar privacy protections may not apply to the use of personal information by an overseas entity.
Collection of Personal Financial Information by a Payment Service
Remember that even after you cancel your account, copies of some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances where, for example, you have shared information with social media or other services. Because of the nature of caching technology, your account may not be instantly inaccessible to others.
We may also retain backup information related to your account on our servers for some time after cancelation for fraud detection or to comply with applicable law or our internal security or other policies. We do not always completely remove or delete all of your information for a number of reasons including due to technical and systems constraints, contractual, financial or legal requirements.
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act or other applicable privacy laws, you may complain to us by contacting us as outlined in section 7 below. When you contact us, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will need to share your information with others who can assist in responding to your complaint. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event within 5 business days, by making contact with you to inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, need further information or do not think we are in breach. We will also let you know the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, or at any time, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).